The Sunny on Sunscreen
By: Jenny Little, Skincare Experience Manager at Hiatus Spa + Retreat
We know every skincare blog, esthetician and anyone with any sort of skincare opinion shouts from the rooftops about skincare and sunscreen. Since we are having such a great sunscreen sale we thought we would break down our favorites and why! HELLO 20% off of all sunscreen! You can use the code SUN20 at checkout.
Here are a few key reasons why you should slather up!
UV rays cause photo damage of the skin, think dark spots and leathery thicker skin. UV rays also cause a breakdown of collagen! This leads to more wrinkles, more sagging and more fine lines = not the goal.
SkinCancer is the most common form of cancer. By applying sunscreen daily you cut this risk in half!
The depletion of the ozone layer has led to the sun’s rays becoming more intense and has increased our UV exposure tremendously. Now that we have covered the “Why’s” lets get in to all of the fun sunscreens that Hiatus has to offer. Yes, I used the word fun and sunscreen! Gone are the days of the ugly white cast!
- The first one out of the gate is really a show stopper! Kopari Sun Shield Body Glow SPF 50 Broad Spectrum! Not only is this such a joy to apply, it leaves you glowy and dewy with the perfect amount of sparkle. The scent will have you reminiscing about your favorite summer trip long past labor day! This has been my go to hostess gift for every pool party I have been invited to this summer!
- The EltaMD UV Clear Broad Spectrum 46 is a skincare darling for good reason. I love this for beach days as well as daily use. This oil free lightweight formula not only protects against UVA and UVB rays! Packing a big protection punch this wonder kid also helps calm and protect sensitive skin. How? It contains a few of the same ingredients found in your favorite anti-aging products. Like niacinamide, hyaluronic acid and vitamin E. Also has a Tinted or Non Tinted version which is always nice.
- SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV defense SPF 50 this product line can’t seem to make a bad product and this sunscreen is no exception. I am not sure how they do it but the universal tint manages to blend well with every skin type. This is my everyday work horse sunscreen. For this level of quality you can’t beat the price.
- Rounding out our list in my sunscreen arsenal is the Hydropeptide Mineral Spray Spf 30
I think it is always a good plan to have a spray sunscreen in your beach bag for easy application. This beauty replenishes hydration without feeling heavy and provides both UVA and UVB protection!
- Do not forget your lips need sunscreen as well, this has been one of the places I have been careless in the past! Coola mineral liplux lip balm with SPF30
I asked Bri, our Lead Esthetician in Austin what her favorite sunscreen is and within seconds had this one ready to go! “My favorite is the Daily Brightening Sunscreen because it has Tranexamic Acid and Niacinamide to help with discoloration and it leaves your skin nice and glowy” says Bri.
*Remember to apply 30 minutes before heading out to whatever summer activities you have planned.*
*Psst. Remember to use code “Sun20” at checkout for 20% off**
Shop Our Summer Sunscreen Essentials
•Kopari Sun Shield Body Glow SPF 50 Broad Spectrum
•EltaMD UV Clear Broad Spectrum 46
•SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV defense SPF 50
•Hydropeptide Mineral Spray Spf 30
•Coola mineral liplux lip balm with SPF30
• SkinCeuticals Daily Brightening Sunscreen
Still unsure of which sunscreen would be best for you? Book a facial with one of our skilled Estheticians to get your entire skincare regimen locked down this summer! Book online or give us a call:
•The Hill 214-361-1200 • Inwood 214-352-4111 •Plano 972-836-0500 • Austin 512-362-5777
• Fort Worth 817-984-2200• The Star 469-582-2200 • Houston 713-470-0990
• San Antonio 210-202-3355