(updated March 9, 2021)
The Governor of Texas has lifted the state-wide mask mandate, stating that Texas businesses should know how to operate safely by now, and recognizing that Texans should continue to mask and social distance to protect each other. State and federal health guidance holds that masks remain critical in closing out the Coronavirus.
Hiatus will continue to implement its Safety Plan — which, for now, includes masking inside the retreats.
The war against COVID-19 is almost over. We are just a couple of months from widespread vaccination in the state. We will finish strong and not let up right before crossing the finish line.
In the meantime, Hiatus will monitor the situation and make appropriate changes to its Safety Plan as the situation improves. We are happy to announce today that, at all Hiatus locations, Hiatus guests will no longer be required to announce their presence from their cars prior to entering the retreats. Additionally, we expect rapid restoration of all pre-COVID amenities over the coming few months.
Please have a look at our Hiatus COVID-19 Safety Program—built in consultation with multiple medical doctors—and a properly-trained team to protect our members and guests.
What To Expect
Before your reservation
• Please alert us if you, any member of your family, or anyone you’ve been in contact with has had any recent history with—or is currently experiencing symptoms of—COVID-19 or any other illness. We will happily reschedule your appointment.
• Please update your spa profile or create a profile online (if this is your first visit with us). ALL guests regardless of past visits must have an updated profile.
• Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the start of your reservation time. Upon arriving, we will check your temperature at the door. We ask that you wear your mask at all times while in-spa except when receiving a skincare treatment.
• Should you have a fever of 100.0 or higher, we will gladly reschedule your appointment for another day when you are well.
While at Hiatus
• You must wear a mask at all times unless you are receiving skincare services and treatments (for which we have developed specific protocols).
• We are offering limited amenities and personal care products at this time.
• Our showers will be unavailable during this time.
• Access to our Relaxation Lounge is available as long as social distancing can be maintained.
• Our regular beverage service of Aveda Comforting Tea is now offered upon check out and bottled water will be available after your treatment or upon request.
What is the best way to make an appointment?
You may call or book online to make an appointment.
Has your cancelation policy changed?
Our 24-hour cancellation policy is still in place; however, if you or anyone you’ve been in contact with has had symptoms of or exposure to COVID-19, we will gladly wave the fee and reschedule your visit.
What about services in the Couple’s Suite and HydroTherapy Rooms?
Those services will not be available at this time.
Will appointments be limited?
Yes, we will be spacing the appointments out throughout the day to ensure we can provide enough space to comfortably social distance.
Can I bring my own robe/towel/spa shoes/water bottle?
You are welcome to bring your own water bottle but please do not bring your own towels, robes, or spa shoes. We will provide you with sanitized shoes and clean robes for your safety and the safety of others using the spa.
May I utilize the Relaxation Lounge before and after my service?
Our Relaxation Lounges will be open as long as social distancing can be maintained.
Are you providing headphones and eye masks for nail services or may I bring my own?
We’re suspending the use of eye masks for nail services. Headphones will continue to receive disposable covers and be sanitized between services. However, you may bring your own if you prefer.
Any changes in your service and treatment options?
While we are preserving our beloved foot soak, we are temporarily suspending the Aroma Journey portion of the consultation. If there is an aroma you would like to incorporate into your service, you may request your service provider to use that aroma or select an aroma from the disposable menu of aromas during the foot soak. Direct inhalation of your chosen aroma will also temporarily be suspended, however, the aroma will be used in the oils and creams used in treatment.
Will the service providers wear gloves and masks during my massage/facial/manicure/pedicure?
All of our providers will be required to wear a mask at all times and gloves for the duration of every service with the exception of massage which is guest preference.
Have further questions? Drop us a line!
Austin 5th Street Commons – (512) 362-5777
Dallas Inwood Village – (214) 352-4111
Dallas The Hill – (214) 361-1200
Fort Worth Crockett Row – (817) 984-2200
Frisco The Star – (469) 582-2200
Houston Tanglewood – (713) 470-0990
Plano Willowbend Wellness Center – (972) 836-0500
San Antonio Pearl – (210) 202-3355