An average person walks a staggering 115,000 miles in their lifetime. That is the equivalent of walking around the earth almost five times. And what is at the bottom of all those miles? Your feet.
With so much pounding pavement-walking, spend time giving your feet the much-needed attention they deserve. Treat them to a homemade Hiatus foot scrub that will soothe the most well-worn feet. If you don’t have all the ingredients in your kitchen, a quick trip to the store, or Hiatus, is as far as your feet will have to take you.
Brown Sugar Foot Scrub
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a cup or bowl.
- Scrub the mixture on your feet. Make sure to give extra love to the often dried out heel.
- Leave it on for a few minutes then rinse it off.
- For best results, finish off with a rich, rehydrating foot lotion.
Tea Tree and Mint Foot Scrub
- Sea salt
- Carrier oil
- Peppermint oil
- Tea Tree Oil
- Boil the jar (WHAT JAR?) for about 3 to 5 minutes to sterilize it. Let it cool off.
- Once the jar is ready, fill it up ¾ with sea salt.
- Add the carrier oil.
- Add 6 drops of peppermint oil.
- Add 6 drops of tea tree oil.
These oils are a bit strong. If you have sensitive skin, just a couple of drops.
Rosemary and Peppermint Foot Scrub
- 1 tbsp table salt
- ¼ cup Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp rosemary
- 3 drops peppermint oil
- Air-tight jar
- In a cup or bowl, toss all the ingredients and stir them together.
- If it is too wet, add more salt. If it is too dry, add more oil.
- Transfer the scrub in an air-tight jar and place it the in the fridge for later use.